I've been tagged by Cedar at Adirondack View to come up with seven "weird or random" things about me, so here goes:
1. I've watched ever single Academy Awards show since they were first televised in the 1950s. Never, ever missed one.
2. I have three grandchildren and the first and second one are 24 years apart.
3. I wanted to be a singer but I was too homely and too shy. That was before Barbra Striesand. If I had been born after her I might have actually tried it. I could sing pretty well, but not nearly as well as Barbra.
4. I hate Jazz. I don't just hate it, I despise it. I can't watch the weather Channel's "Weather on the Eights" because they insist on playing Jazz. I could never listen to NPR all day long, because there is altogether too much Jazz. When they play Jazz as the "On Hold" music, I have to hang up, no matter how important the call.
5. I've wanted to live on an island ever since I was a little kid, and so far I've lived on two.
6. My left arm is almost a full hand length longer than my right arm.
7. I am half Italian and half Finnish. I love being both, though they couldn't be farther apart in looks, temperament, religion and geography.
So I've fulfilled my part here. I'll be tagging some others and when I do, I'll post them here.
(That was fun! I had no idea what I would come up with when I started.)